The Madang Resort is ideally located at the entrance of the beautiful Madang Harbor, with almost a kilometer of absolute water frontage onto Dallman Passage and Yamilon Lagoon.
A pearl hidden in the South Pacific, Madang is a totally unexpected montage of immense physical beauty, tribal cultures, friendly people and pristine diving. Amongst the first to settle in Madang, the famous Russian Naturalist, Nicholay Mikloucho-Maclay described it as land of contented people.
Whether you’re a diver, an adventurer or just wanting to relax and the world go by, this delightful garden township as well as the province of Madang is a place where travellers can experience a diverse range of cultural and natural attractions.
The Madang Resort is the largest and best equipped resort in Madang. Guest facilities include:
- 4 pools, includes a 40m pool and 3 fresh water pools
- Tennis Court
- Bird Aviaries & mini Zoo
- Air-conditioned Gymnasium and Fitness Centre
- 2 lagoons where kayaks, catamaran sailing boats, canoes are available for guests
- Haus Win restaurant & Cocktail Bars–the ideal venue for that special occasion
- Janek Aben Coffee Shop.
- Haus Kibung Function Room & Cocktail Bar
- Gift & Artifact Shop
- Hair Salon
- Sana Convention Centre with 5 conference & meeting rooms
- Game fishing boat and harbour cruises
- Niugini Diving Adventures Dive shop and full PADI Dive training facility
- 15 acres of landscaped tropical gardens with absolute water frontage on to beautiful Madang Harbour.
- Barramundi & Pacu Fish pond
- Marina & base for the Luxurious Kalibobo Spirit available for expeditions to the Sepik River and Islands of Papua New Guinea
- Complimentary membership to the Madang Country Golf Club
- Winner of 2013, 2014, 2016 & 2016 Trip Advisor Excellence Awards
- New Block of 1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments
- 20 new Garden Rooms under construction, due to be opened in May 2016
Adjacent Kalibobo Village which is owned and operated by the Barter Family providing an additional 100 guest suites, cottages, apartments for short, medium and long term accommodation in a safe gated environment.
All rooms feature en-suites, fridges, flat screen TV, split-system air conditioners, balconies overlooking the waterfront or gardens, coffee/tea making facilities. Some rooms come with kitchenettes, lounges and mini bars.
The historic Madang Resort is PNG’s longest established hotel (now a resort), originally operating as a guest house during the days under German colonial rule.
In the 40 years since the Barter Family acquired the property, the resort has been re-built and now boasts more than 100 rooms ranging from standard through to executive waterfront bungalows.